I think that pretty much invalidates this data for judging anything about the right tail.

Yes, this is a valid point. However, the other study I linked addresses this very comprehensively. There are differences at the right end of the tail, but they are by no means consistent from nation to nation and have changed rapidly in a very short time. I am not arguing the fact that there is a currently a m/f imbalance at the 95th and 99th percentiles, but based on the evidence I do not believe that the current ratios reflect a biologically predestined difference. There may in fact be some small gender differences that are valid, but we are not yet in a position to judge what they are. If 99th% boys outnumbered girls 13 to 1 less than 20 years ago and now outnumber them only 2 or 4 to 1, clearly this question is in flux.

Males on average are better suited to rapidly changing daily activities. A person in the early stages of a career are often put in roles where this is a valuable skill. Females on average are far better at long term planning.

I'd be interested to see the data you are drawing this from.

Last edited by ultramarina; 04/25/11 09:50 AM.