Thanks, Eagle Mum!
Evidently high-tech is not the only force competing to eliminate human jobs... there is a trend for low-tech goats to take on brush-clearing tasks, replacing landscapers and volunteers who previously did that work: https://pittsburghparks.org/gardening-goats-return-to-frick-park-to-munch-on-weeds/
All the more reason to educate children, including the gifted, in concepts such as:
- anticipating the potential for economic instability,
- weathering difficult times by utilizing skills in personal finance and budgeting,
- discerning between NEEDS and WANTS,
- anticipating the need for flexibility and resilience in career choices,
- understanding and following principles of health and safety including the roles of nutrition and exercise,
- embracing personal responsibility,
- providing leadership and role-modeling,
... and more.