Originally Posted by landofthelost
I told her our fears are of another year where the differentiation doesn't work. With the lack of follow through on this year�s classroom teacher�s part and that nobody is really holding her accountable, it is hard to see this working. That another year where dd continues to come home feeling upset and frustrated is not acceptable. She said they will be open to subject acceleration as a plan B if this method isn't helping. That made me feel better that they are going to be open to something else.

I am feeling optimistic that next year will be better. I feel the fact that they are having a meeting with everyone is a sign that they are taking the situation seriously.
Nope, sorry, but the fact that they are having a meeting with everyone is only a sign that they think that they can 'persuade' you better if they have 100 bodies in the room all in opposition to you.

If they are willing to do subject acceleration as a plan B if Next Year doesn't work, then why not do subject acceleration this year (which isn't working) to see how your DD does with it.

They say that they have many kindys with MAP test scores similar to your DDs. Are they going to show you the numbers with the name's inked out? If so, then there really is hope - but remember that they have 1000 other things to think about besides your child, so getting the high kids clustered together may or may not actually happen.

Can you get to the Boston Area April 30/May 1 for BIQ conference? I think DD would find it very cool to hang out with other 'unusually gifted' kids. I know you don't have IQ test scores but that isn't required for this conference.

You can also make the argument that even if the other kids are more advanced than your DD, they aren't suffering in their current placement the way DDs, and therefore DD needs a skip even if they don't.

Best Wishes,
Grinity

Coaching available, at SchoolSuccessSolutions.com