**Hey look, my first post**

I'm desperately seeking an IRL community of parents who I can casually chat with about my preschool-aged kid. While I haven't had any NEGATIVE responses (most people we interact with know me well enough to know that I'm not cramming information down the throat of a kid just to be "the mom of that little kid who's OMG WOW learning to read already."

I have gotten some odd looks, though, and some responses that make me think twice about sharing more. And then there's my own insecurity wink.

I've found, though, that I'm more likely to get these responses from fellow parents. A lot of our family friends are childless, and it's interesting that THEY are the ones who really notice how different DS is from other kids his age. It's great that he has this community of adults who *GET* him, but I often wish I had a community of parents who I could share as openly with.

I have one. Her son just started kindergarten and we've been chatting on FB. Too bad she lives thousands of miles away most of the year.

Last edited by smacca; 03/11/11 12:51 PM.