Originally Posted by EandCmom
Thank you acs!!

The explaining of his absence from the game is actually a funny story. I wanted to fly under the radar too and I told my DH to tell the coach that we had made previous plans and DS wouldn't be at the game, and that is what I told the other parents too. No one questioned me further. Well last night the team had practice and my DS went to the practice. After the test today we had enough time to go to see about the last 15 minutes of his team's game. So I told him it might be a little awkward with us walking in that late and people might question where he had been. He said "oh, I told them last night". I asked what exactly he had told them. He said "I told them I was taking the 8th grade ACT for fun." His coach asked why - was he in 8th grade? He said he told him that it was just a fun test to see how much stuff you know. In fact he had a couple of the other kids wishing their moms knew about this and had signed them up!!!! LOL!!!

I was flabbergasted to say the least. But no one asked where we had been. I guess when you teach your kids to be honest, they will be honest. Anyway, I can't stop giggling about it now - so much for flying under the radar!!! smile

Ya' know, sometimes I think there's a lot to be said for just being matter-of-fact about stuff. If you just state the facts with quiet confidence and don't act like you're doing something to be embarrassed about, then--surprise!--there's nothing to be embarrassed about! People tend to react to you based on the way you present yourself.

Of course, I was probably 30 before I figured that out! smile It sounds like your DS is WAAAAAAAAY ahead of the curve on that life lesson! <patting EandCMom's DS on the back>

Great story!

Kriston