Dottie,

Yes, DS is taking the EXPLORE in Jan and the ACT in April. I didn�t learn until a couple weeks ago that he was eligible for either the SAT or ACT through MATS. My preference would be the SAT as it seems more intuitive and less dependent on an advanced education than the ACT. The dates just did not work out for the SAT, so we will see what happens. He is not intimidated by an academic challenge, and may surprise us.

I think that DD�s grade level may be DS�s true academic peer group (3 years older, so you can relax about your DS�s situation). They finally publicized the school national standardized test results for the first time. It is no wonder I have always found DD�s class to be a perfect fit for her. The 8th grade average for the ITBS is the 85th percentile composite score, while DD�s composite landed at the 86th percentile (at one year young). Perfect fit!!! Unfortunately, DS�s composite falls at the 96th percentile (while quite literally hitting the ceiling in math and science) in comparison to his 6th grade average composite of the 75th percentile. His Explore results verify that he has drastically above grade level ability in all four subtests (for a talent search participant). I still second guess whether we did the right thing by keeping him with his grade.