Heee.

DH is HG, I am HG/EG (been tested several times), and my father was PG.

Our DD has never been evaluated; partly that has been deliberate on our part. We want her to be more than her IQ score, as long as she is adequately served without the number-- but I say that knowing that it would be VERY high-- high enough to have a definite impact on how she is treated. Her school was willing to accelerate her a full four grades without it, though... so no problems on that front. We wouldn't be getting anything better with a full eval. I feel very comfortable saying that she is EG/PG based on what her school's GT team has said, and based on her cognitive development as a whole. She has behaviors that you just don't see in G/MG/HG people.

I was reading at ~3-4 yo, talking well before a year, etc. but my DD's abilities have even made me pretty astonished by how fast she learns, how well she remembers, etc. She's much more like my father's development. His USN records indicate an IQ over 175 in the 1950's, though they don't mention the tool used.

My (Our?) major insights into my daughter are not based on shared giftedness per se. Mostly they are based on shared temperment and sensory sensitivities on my part, and on shared learning style in DH's case. He is a strongly auditory learner, I'm strongly a strongly visual one; he remembers what he HEARS, I remember what I write, and to a lesser extent, read/see. DD is a hybrid-- she listens, reads/watches, and remembers what she SAYS, and to a lesser extent what she hears and reads/sees. She's a totally didactic learner who talks and reads her way through every school day. Lucky me.... auditory sensitivity here. LOL!

My DH and I were both incredibly fortunate to have been in the right place at the right time for authentic GT education in public schools during the 1970's.

Schrödinger's cat walks into a bar. And doesn't.