I have received the exact same attitude about our school's math program (Everyday Math???) That is covers multiple topics a day with a built in review. This is driving my son up the walls. He is also in third grade. The school is fighting doing anything except the pull-out since he is NOT a model student. He also likes to test the teachers both as to their knowledge and what they will let him get away with in the classroom. It is amazing how much better behaved he is and how much improved his concentration is when he is actually challenged at the correct level. It is like we have a completely different child, almost no mood swings, and shining eyes. Unfortunately, it happens all too seldom and rarely in the classroom.

His school district does not appear to have any concept of LOGs. Not that I'm sure what DS's LOG is smile. He is 2E with 4-5 standard deviations between his reasoning and processing subsets. His reasoning skills cluster in the upper range, his processing and organization cluster in the lower range. However, full scale scores put him in the high average to MG range so that is what the school looks at for placement.

It is funny how our children either perceive or present information to us. Your GS didn't think to mention they had a substitute or that the other child need more hands on time from the teacher lol. Good for you to be able to make it a positive discussion with him. Good luck with the teacher conference smile