OHGM,
Well it sounds like the meeting was scary, in a way that the teacher didn't really seem to be 'on target.' It is good that the problems were temporary, and Bases sees like a good subject. My son is just as you discribe with the testing, questioning athority. He has improved with age, and he has no particular reason to be this way - just needs really really clear boundries. Daycare teachers were requesting that I work with him to get him to request less of her attention from age 2. I didn't know that a 2 year old could "walk all over" a 22 year old, but apparently he was doing so. I sure don't know how to quickly train a 2 year old to want less attention. I thought I was going to go crazy repeating, "Not right now, in a minute." Actually I think that if he had been with older kids who he could actually talk to, he would have been less interested in the teachers. Anyway - the teacher probably was exhausted, and now at least you have some insight about the other boy, and the door is open to having her help about the Math - if he happens to become bored!

Big Smiles,
Grinity

Coaching available, at SchoolSuccessSolutions.com