So Weird!
But good that she is willing to met with you 'tommorow!' and at 7pm no less!

I've found that the least offensive way is to 'play dumb' - "so how do these multiplication sheets relate to the airplanes" and keep at it until the person is convincing you of your original point of view.

Our district did away with Gifted pull-outs, or any programing altogether years ago, but I want to remind folks of the LOG in the living room! If every gifted child was right at the 98% or 95% mark, then pull outs would work for almost every child. But not every child is at that particular spot. Dottie's son really enjoys his pull-out, but that's because he is with kids several years older than he is. My son enjoys Saturday and Summer Gifted programs - as long as he's on the younger end of the multi-age group. At first I blamed the programs as being 'watered down' but as the test results rolled in, I realized - ok, he just needs something more than that.

There are a lot of reasons kids want to switch out of pull-outs: being teased, missing partys, missing reading time. If you can't work it out with the teacher, let him use his judgement. I think that she is going to be receptive to differentiating or moving him up.

Best Wishes,
Grinity

Coaching available, at SchoolSuccessSolutions.com