I'm also wondering what 'etc' of 'talking, etc' is about. I'd guess it's some disrespect or lack of cooperation.
His regular teacher understands him, she knows not to get into negotiations with him. If you waver, you lose. You must be very clear about who is the adult in the relationship, but still treat him with respect. He's very cooperative then.

His classes are scheduled so he only misses free reading time in his regular class. His peers in the gifted class are 4 girls & 1 boy. He's reached the 'cootie' stage about girls, so they're not fun. And a few months ago I asked him to not hang around with the other boy after the boy stuck a carrot in his nose, another in his ear, then ate them during lunch, ewww. I've since told GS that he could play with the boy, but don't copy those kinds of things.

I am happy the gifted teacher suggested meeting on Tuesday but the reality is I contacted her last week to see how things were going from her perspective. Tuesday & Thursday of this week are regular conference nights, so I would expect her to be available. I'm a bit disappointed she hadn't contacted me first about any issues she's having with GS in class.