Originally Posted by Kerry
My brother's daughters are both GT, the oldest probably PG+, but they have never had any educational issues with them because they are in a district that takes care of GT kids from elementary school on! smile (wouldn't that be nice?) ...
After feeling like we're isolated most of the time with our DDs since we live far from family it was really nice to not only visit them, but to see that our daughters fit in nicely with the rest of the family and that what they do is "normal" compared to their cousins.

Fitting in at school or fitting in with relatives - both are nice! There are a few districts scattered through the U.S. where the schools really do take care of their GT kids. So nice! If only I had known myself better, and the genetic component to giftedness, maybe I would have made an effort to live in one of them! Oh well, not my path, I guess! Glad you enjoyed your trip. If shaking your family tree helps, then I say 'shake it baby!' - even though there is distance, with email and skype one can make worthwhile contact.

Love and More Love,
Grinity

Coaching available, at SchoolSuccessSolutions.com