Hi Texican, sorry to hear about the anxiety over dad 'gone missing', in the eyes of your son anyway...We deal with some of that on a regular basis. I am outside the house 3 days a week (god forbid!) and need to regularly re-explain to my dd4 that I go to make money (for all the cheese she eats). And the house and the car, etc. She seems to 'get' this, and it does help her. Yesterday's explanation was a bit more detailed, I talked to her about working, getting paid a bit, the bank, the bills, but not too detailed. (This was more an explanation of how I couldn't by her a $2000 loft bed she'd seen somewhere (sheesh!!))

Anyway, while they do adjust, expect to continue to have questions for a while...

On the question of laptops, and chatting about other stuff, has anyone considered/looked at the tablets running android os? They "look a lot like" the ipads, they claim '1000's of apps' available right now, but they are very new so take that with a grain of salt. I think the next android release for tablet is coming out soon, however,...and they could become a pretty reasonably priced viable option, with a greater range of hardware options and a free-er market....