Originally Posted by Kriston
I don't know if any of that is very helpful...We weren't terribly creative, I'm afraid.

You don't give yourself enough credit. The variety of wheel-related experiences your son had gives me ideas to try out w/ my own son. I think it's great! laugh

This morning DS2 wanted to play "farm." He likes me to watch, but not interact. DS prefers to narrate and manipulate the events himself. It made me snort thinking about my role (as DS sees it) in certain activities. If I try to sing along w/ him DS will sigh and say "No, Mom. Don't do that." My mom laughs and sees it as karma. I was a bossy kid.

It's also interesting to watch the manipulation play out. Last weekend I let DS play with ice cubes. He wanted to see how quickly they would melt under different circumstances. When I told him this game was over, he went in search of his dad. I found him in our bedroom asking his (sleeping) dad if he could have more ice cubes (to which he added "please"). I stood in the doorway and told DS that I'd already said we were done. Without a word of reply he slammed the door in my face. It was hard not to laugh. I was amused. grin

What is a "2E issue?" Thanks for the Ruf/book tip. smile

You're right; nothing is "broken" other than friction with other parents. I think we'll have to go a couple rounds with the preschool director when it's time to move DS up again, but I have some time before I have to gather stamina for that affair. The two teachers who were effective at getting the preschool director to act on DS's behalf have since left the school.