I'm one of the people who has said that I wish I'd known earlier just how GT my son was. But I had a *BAD CASE* of GT denial, and I thought our son was just MG, not PG. DS6 was our first child, and while it was impossible to miss some of the things he did and the early dates he reached milestones, I didn't know just how early and how unusual these things were. Most of the kids he was around were probably MG, but I thought they were ND (normal development), so that also skewed my view. If you don't know what average is, it's hard to gauge where your child really is.

It sounds like this is not your problem, happily! smile

If you have discovered this forum and you already realize that your 2yo is significantly "smarter than the average bear," then I'd say that testing probably isn't necessary for your DS at this point. I think early *identification* is important, but it sounds like you HAVE identified your child already, so testing isn't needed for you. Do I make sense there? Testing can help with ID, but if you can ID without testing, then so much the better!

I think testing should be done to answer a specific question you have about your child. Do you have a specific question at this point? Or are you just looking ahead? If the latter, then I'd say wait. You already know he's way ahead of the curve. When you need to make decisions about school, then you can have him tested.

As for those other parents...That's hard! Grinity's response is right on target. I'd add that if you can comment positively about what their child is doing, so much the better. Specific comments like "Little Jimmy's artwork was so beautiful today" or "Did you see Susie ride that tricycle? Her legs are so strong!" can make parents feel less competitive. They're all doing cool stuff, so let's celebrate them all! As Dave Letterman used to say, "This is an exhibition, not a competition, so no wagering, please!"

laugh

Welcome, and good luck! It's a wild ride you've got ahead of you!

Kriston