Originally Posted by AlexsMom
If I look at Ruf's LOG, she's far more Level One than anything else (which IMHO says more about Dr. Ruf than about DD, but people here seem to put stock in her).
I don't know that everyone here puts a lot of stock in Ruf's LOG. My eldest fits clearly into level 4 of her LOG and, while she probably is a HG kid, she's isn't one of those "wow, I've never met a kid like that!" type of kids.

Either way, based upon your assessment and descriptor of her, I'd agree with Dottie that I would definitely do an IQ test before considering further acceleration. It does sound like her current set-up isn't working well for her, but I like having as much data as possible to make sure that I am making a well supported decision before I make it. I believe that is why the Iowa Acceleration Scale considers an ability test to be a must before considering a skip.

Like others have said, if you underestimating her, it might be a good wake up call for you as well and IQ scores might qualify her for programs like DYS.