<We got the link to her online math textbook at parent-teacher conferences, and her eyes lit up, and she said "I could work through the entire book at home!" and got out a piece of paper and started writing. At the end of the first page, she suddenly looked up and said "If I do all of it at home, I'm just going to have to do it again at school," put her pencil down, and never looked at it again.>

If she was ahead in math, since you don't think the SA would work, would they let her work independently? If so, maybe the trick would be for her to do self-paced work in math so she doesn't have to listen to stuff she already knows. I agree about asking the school for ideas. And yes, for a SA the principal should plan ahead and arrange for the two math times to overlap. Ours did it, although we have 4-5 classes per grade. It takes a bit of shuffling but I doubt she spent more than 30 minutes on the scheduling after the decision to SA was made.

Remember, meeting her needs will likely require 3 things, enrichment, increased pace, and increased content. I bet she knows more than you think she does of the math curriculum than you realize smile

Cat