Interesting.
The catching ball thing, moving through space... my oldest is not the best in those areas.

My oldest enjoys the stories, and doesn't get 'lost' in decoding, BUT she is not good at decoding. She just wants to read.

Is your ds visual-spatial at all? Highly visual? I'm beginning to suspect my oldest is... She is also highly wiggly when reading. I've seen with longer reading, she doesn't like it... I also have to wonder about tracking sometimes, b/c she can lose her place... and with pages that have more words, she struggles... I think the print is smaller, and can be harder to track/follow. Something that is short... usually has bigger print and is easier to track.

Considering she's had oral motor issues and 'clumsy' as a child.. it wouldn't surprise me if there were tracking issues as well...

Anyway, a few things to look into.

One experiment... can you try typing a page out on the computer and see how he does reading it if you increase the size of the print? Or maybe color code each line a different color? Then see how well he reads that.

Tammy