In prepping DS8, he was in a math club I ran last year at the ES. He was 7 and competed with the 5th graders (that are now 6th graders at MS). He did very well, and they already know and seem to accept him. Also thier are a number of 8th graders at the MS that are in the Boy Scout troop that I am Commettee Chair and Assisatant Scout Master. They know DS from some camp outs and meetings. The MS principal now knows this, but he did point out MS is not the same as a select small group. He explained they do not have anything but regular 6th grade math with no class for honors, or quick learners. They offer nothing until 8th grade. I also understand he means well, our oldest DS18 was in this school and I was active with the school during his time there. Also the MS prinicpal's son was in a cub pack I started 10 years ago, for about 1 year. He is just a very ridged, but very good man. His policy on fighting was a problem for us with our oldest. The principal states that if you are hit, you must run away. If you strike back you can be expelled. I have always had a problem with that. We where able to help our oldest, without having him strike back, we did that by having him take Boxing, it gave him a lot of confidance, which helped the problem go away.

Last edited by Edwin; 10/09/10 01:22 PM.