I'm in a medium district. I stopped dealing with the people at the school level last year when I realized they don't control anything. I'm dealing with the director of special ed and the director of curriculum. I can't get any higher than that at the district level. I just sent off my formal letter with a date of expected response. Love that. I'll see what I get back.

There are definite timelines they have to follow for certain things. Only, I'd have to file a formal grievance first, which it may come down too. Right now it just a question I'm asking that they are refusing to answer. No time line on that.

I get the problem for them. If they answer me with a "yes" it means they have to service my DS7 in a way they have never serviced a gifted student before. Even though it is clearly written that if he needs it he gets it. I've even quoted them their own policies and they have been unable to provide me with policies that counter it. So we are at a stalemate, with them just hoping I'll get tired and go away before I push it any further. They seriously don't know me!

I'll give them until the deadline to give me an answer, It doesn't even have to be the answer I want as long as they can quote the policy it came from! Then I think I'll have to move forward to a formal complaint. UGH!