Thanks Cat. I have been dealing with the people at the very top. Mostly they just ignore me since they know their own policies actually support what I'm asking for. It's just that no one has ever called them on it before.

I keep getting we only do blah blah. Then I respond saying, "Okay, great. Can I get a copy of the policy that states this?" At which point they begin ignoring me again. Or mis quote the policy, which is just annoying. Then I quote them the actual policy and ask them if there is perhaps an updated policy that I am unaware of or a different policy. More ignoring.

I did get a hold of a person today on the phone and she neither confirmed nor denyed the question I'm asking about. She just mentioned that it may be that we don't have the teachers available and that is why I'm being told this. More blah, blah...

I'm seriously about the documentation so I've been putting everything in writing via email. I hadn't thought of sending a certified letter though or putting a date of when I expect a response. I can see how that may get them to pay attention. I'm definitely going to try that!

Inky - I don't think we have a gifted association, at least not one that helps with advocacy. We have something that comes up online but it doesn't seem to be active.

I don't feel like I'm being unreasonable to just get a question answered. It's just so absurd!