Thanks guys! I actually just got even better news. I just found out that ds didn't get his afternoon booster at school for the past two days. So, (fingers crossed) maybe he just needs that increased concerta (36mg) in the morning and no booster (at least not every day). Usually he needs a booster by 1 or 2pm. I actually thought he'd had a 10mg booster yesterday because we were planning to increase that dosage as well. Turns out, he did that well with just the concerta! Great news; praying today is just as good.

Btw, our counselor suggested we wait a month or two before doing any further testing. I think he's afraid we are looking at the challenges without considering the big picture. He said,"I'm not discounting the possibility that there could be a LD or other issue going on, but I think we should address one thing at a time right now." So, we're going to focus on getting the ADHD medication dosage straightened out while continuing therapy and piano (an activity he actually loves! finally!). If we do not see improvement or ds is showing academic problems, we'll pursue further testing. I have a tendency to jump the gun because I'm afraid of letting something slide. I'd hate to think he had a problem and I didn't address it early enough. As always, I'll be keeping a close watch on what's going on and recording a diary of daily observations and notes from the teacher. I am going to try to take a break from reading about disorders because every time I read about a new one, half the symptoms apply to my son! They overlap so much it's hard to know, isn't it?