Well, I called the doctor, and she only had one recommendation. The neuropsych she recommended is near the pediatrician's office (2 hours away), and she only recommends her b/c she's really the only one around.

So, I checked in my area, and I found a couple, but none of their websites even mention the word "gifted". I don't know what to think about that. I called one today, and she said she'd be happy to sit down with me for a one-hour consultation, look over the previous testing/evaluations, and recommend (or not) further evaluations. Is this typical?

Also, I was looking over ds's gifted testing again, and he has a 24 point difference in his verbal IQ and his nonverbal IQ scores. The verbal was higher. Could this indicate a nonverbal learning disability? I did a little research on it, and some of the characteristics fit, but some do not.

When the testing was done (age 5), I discussed the results with a gifted teacher friend of mine (who also has gifted children of her own) and she pointed out the discrepancy, suggesting a possible LD. I asked the psychologist who did the testing, and he said LD was unlikely because both scores were considered advanced. Now I'm wondering if he just didn't have enough experience with 2e kids.

Any experience with this? I'd love to hear what you all think. Thanks again.

Last edited by JenSMP; 09/15/10 03:13 PM. Reason: typo