I was in the ER recently (just dehydrated and didn't know). They had me hooked up to a heart beat monitor and a fetal heartbeat monitor while I was getting my fluids. They had to come check because it looked like I had twins because my own heartbeat was matching the baby's at 160 bpm. The hubby left with the boy to get dinner and my pulse went to normal, 60-80 bpm. They returned and it was right back to 160. I said, I told you the boy never let's me rest. He needs constant attention. He's always in my face. And he doesn't stop. Ever. If I go to the bathroom he brings a stool to stand on so he can be right in my face still talking. Colinsmum, I'm glad you said it's okay to not listen as long as I don't pretend to because I do tell him, baby, I need a break. Baby, I can't listen to you right now. Sometimes I feel bad I keep reading the other mothers say they always listen, always answer. He gets a lot of attention. I don't dodge his quiestions because he's young. I don't ignore him for long. And I do tell him that I need him to give me some space. I just couldn't believe the heartbeat monitor proved the effect of that kind of intensity so clearly.

Youth lives by personality, age lives by calculation. -- Aristotle on a calendar