As the father of a nine-year-old run-on sentence, I feel your pain.

I'm pretty good at understanding "high-speed" speech, but this kid pushes my limit daily. Since he first learned to string a few sentences together, we've offered the recurring admonishment, "Slowy, loudly, clearly... we can't understand what you are saying."

His teachers worked with him on this at school over the last couple of years and claim to have some improvement. If this is true, DS is not demonstrating his restraint at home. But if he really is better at school, I can -- I think -- deal with it at home until it becomes more automatic for him.

Last night, he was regaling me with his adventures in Runescape for about 20 minutes non-stop. And I do mean non-stop. As in... I don't know for certain that he actually stopped to draw a breath.

I was particularly tired last night so didn't attempt to interrupt (not that I could have) so in the end all I recall is, "Hey Dad, today on Runescape I...[blah-blah]... Level 525...[blah-blah]... attack...[blah-blah]... quest...[blah-blah]... challenge...[blah-blah]... gold...[blah-blah]... spirit...[blah-blah]... helm...[blah-blah]... mods...[blah-blah]... server...[blah-blah]..." ad astra, ad infinitum.

*sigh*

Being offended is a natural consequence of leaving the house. - Fran Lebowitz