Is this a single child? If so, I think it's extremely important that she learns that others (including parents) need time and space - she seems to be doing this part which is great. Then she also needs to learn - , and it can appear somewhat cruel, that others are not always interested in every little thing she is doing. This can come as quite a revelation to the kid who has been the center of attention for a long time. It is also tricky for the parents, especially of a creative, gifted kid - because we are naturally somewhat awed by with their behavior/conversation (I try not to be too much, but I think it's just human nature). If there are siblings around, they pretty much do this 'job' for the parents - as they have no problem in letting each other know that what they are doing - dare I say it is - boring/going on too long/not what they want to be doing?. I often tell my kid, when he wants to go rambling on about something, that he needs to 'consider his audience'. Is this interesting to them - seriously? I wouldn't give this advice out generally - of course we all want our kids to come to us, and tell us what's on their mind, but in cases like these, I think it's highly unlikely that the kid will shut down communication! smile