Originally Posted by RachaelC
She has been in daycare 2 days a week for 2 months now. ... I observed via a camera both days last week and found that the classroom was NOT at all appropriate for her. They were basically just keeping the kids alive in that room (1 year olds).

Hi Rachael - I also did attachement parenting and daycare! A weird combination, but if you gotta, then you gotta.

I do have some ideas -
1) ask the director to visit your house so she can see your daughter under 'normal' circumstances.
2) ask the director what age group of children she thinks your daugther would enjoy the most.
3) consider the 3 year old room
4) get a playdate with a bright girl from the 2 or 3 or 4 year old room at home, so that when DS goes to school she will be able to see her friend X. This is how my son coped. He always had a 'best friend' and all was well unless that child was home sick (or wanted to play with someone else)
5) Look into 'home day care' perhaps with a homeschooling mom who has a wide variety of age group kids.
6) Accept that if you have to work, then that's what's best for the family, even if it's very hard on your dd - luckily it's only 2 days a week. We can only give what we have, as much as we might like otherwise. Don't expect that your daughter enjoy it, only that she tolerate it.
7) Hire a nanny or substitute grandma, the number of children alone may be to much for dd's sensory system. She is very young.
8) Talk to DD about the 2 year old room and see how she percieves it.
9) give the 2 year old room 3 more tries and see if she slowly starts to realize that there is some fun there.

I'm so sorry to hear about this, but 15 is a funny age for advanced kids - still so much a baby, and yet so aware of their world. When I used to feel sorry for myself, I'd reread the parts of Dune about that baby sister who was born knowing everything. It could be worse. I try to use humor to move me along, so I would look at my DS, feel so much love, and in my brain, the word "Abomination" would scroll past my imagination. Always good for a laugh for us Dune fans.

Love and More Love,
Grinty

Coaching available, at SchoolSuccessSolutions.com