Wren - you are absolutely where I am coming from. Little'un has just 6 years left.This from this morning's 6 a.m. radio news:

(paraphrased) "The joyful boys and girls with their good passes in their GCSEs (aged 16 exams) will find themeselves today competing with hundreds of thousands of 18 year old students who can't get jobs or college places. And all in turn will be competing with the recent slew of graduates who can't get a foot in the world of work"

Austin - you are right outsourced jobs are cheaper then the $15k I quoted.
Let me tell you how it is in the UK. The country is stuffed to the gills with "qualified" people. The whole economy - well 80% - revolves around London and the City. I have another friend with 15 years(?) Java and was out for 9 months. he now travels 150 miles round trip a day to a job where the Java got him in, but he is brain dead doing non-Java related documentation (it's still a job, right). - I could go out and sign up for a Java course and graduate in 9 months and here it would mean zip. In IT in the UK a piece of paper is worthless, and experience is everything. Employers are just not that desperate, or are willing to pay $astronomical for the right experience. (having said that some would want, say ".Net, ASP, HTML, XML, SQLServer, some knowledge of c#....." I mean, come on who has this skillset to any depth. Oh, and he might pay you $27000.) Also the rules are so relaxed employers can just import the skills (which is why I mentioned the work permit/Green Card issue with the US which offers some kind of protection). I just wonder if this is what I want my son to be groomed for? Next time I'm being born in Switzerland or Germany
laugh
La Texican - wise words. At the moment he is dreading going back in because of the bullying which is dragging on...and on. The Gifted Children Advisory organisation (NAGC) were point blank - pull him out now! But he loves the school, It's tough.

Thanks all again

Last edited by Raddy; 08/23/10 11:57 PM.