Hi Raddy,

I am the contrarian for the bunch that say they live in the US and jobs are available. Every day on CNBC they talk about the lack of jobs here, and estimated GDP growth just got downgraded to less than 2% which means there isn't enough growth, let alone job creation to provide for new entrants or take care of the 9.5% unemployed.

Maybe there are a few pockets where some jobs are available, but overall not so much. And knowing many financial IT people, jobs are getting harder to come by. That boom ten years ago, when a second or third level IT executive could claim 4MM in compensation is lucky to get 400K now. Yes, that still is great money for most but so many more people are trying for that job, obviously for the price to fall that there are not jobs.

So I agree with you Raddy, times are changing. But not for human nature and there are always people that believe that it will be different for them or for their child(ren). Until the lack of opportunity strikes, as it appears to have hit you.

I am not sure of what the difference public school vs private provides there. I have opted for a gifted public with a bunch of supplements. Like a daily vitamin. Online math acceleration, science programs at the museum, Mandarin.

Don't know what will help, what won't but I am trying to make the options as broad as possible so that my child has options. I hope she has options.

Ren