Thanks everyone. I have been so sleep deprived that I can't think straight and I didn't know what to do. My son sleeps until noon when he can't sleep but I have to get up early. We need to start back with our homeschooling and this is going to be hard if I am too tired to think and he is sleeping until noon. We have to do something. I just hope there is a better alternative than that medication. I will see if I can talk to the pharmacist when I go to pick up the medication.

My son and I get migraines with weather changes and we also seem to get them whenever the temperature goes over 100 degrees. We were both getting headaches about three days a week for a while. We do use caffeine when he starts to get a headache and it helps a little.

My husband wants our son to try the Amitryptyline because it has become so hard for us to get a good night's sleep and the pediatric neurologist said it should help my son sleep. My son often wakes me up at 2, 3 or 4 in the morning because he can't sleep either because he has a headache or a leg ache or restless legs. He could be having growing pains because he is growing a lot. I will try the restful legs from Walgreens.