So my son was tested today. The clinical psychologist wants to do two more rounds of tests. She did not give me any official scores or stats - but probably to ease my nervousness or for me not to take the waiting too bad - she told me that DS(6yo) is testing at the 4th grade level. He is high on everything and significantly high on any cause/effect relationships.

She really encouraged me to understand what this means for my son. She really is advocating for grade acceleration next year - she knows the principal at my son's school and she says she does not think there will be an issure with that. I'm just concerned what else or what specific am I supposed to do that I am not already doing. We go to the library and I let him think of a topic he wants to read about and then we pack up about 8 books on the subject and he'll devour them. Should I be more focused or purposeful? Will advancement into 1st and then 2nd grade next year help guide me and his educational pursuits? Should I encourage online parallel curriculum? The testing is not even over yet - but still wanting to know - Now, what?