Hi, did you read the article on Hoagies on how to prepare your child for the test? In addition to what you have said (sleep, breakfast) there are a few goof pointers. For instance, do not tell him that he is going to play. He could then expect to be able to control the situation more and not give it his best. I explained my dds that they were going with a person that was going to help us see what type of school would be better for them and how they learn. We also explained that some questions would be too easy because they use the same questions (did not use the word TEST) for younger kids. It is important for your Ds to know that he has to reply to even silly and super simple questions. By the same token, he will be asked some very hard questions, so he can then give it his best shot.

As for you, I know I was nervous as well. Yes, my girls would be the same I had before they were tested, but we had school admissions criteria to think about.

I think it helps to know when you will get the report back. The first tester we used did not tell us anything until we met with her a week or 2 later. It seemed eternal! When we had to do it all over again, we went with one that would give us a full report later, but let me "take a peek" at the results right away. That was much better for me!