Thank you for your input!

My son is currently in a public montessori elementary school that I am very happy with. Next year is a combined class - 1st and 2nd - so I think that will be great if he advances to 2nd say mid semester it will be less social shock as he will already have friends and if he moves up the next year to 3rd grade it won't be that much of a shock. I am just concerned because he is already doing 3rd and 4th grade math. I just want him to continually be able to challenge himself - which he enjoys doing.

Thank you for the extra tips on to prepare my son.

I have not read the often quoted Genius Denied book and I think that I should read it. The purpose of thetest I think for me is an effort to see if he just has an ability to focus on something he likes and learn lots about it or is he truly "gifted." I just don't want to short change him the opportunity to learn more and faster if that is how fast and eager his brain is processing all that is around him.

Thank you for your guidance and shared experience. I'm sure I'll be posting with reactions to the testing.