My son also had the bald baby look for a long time and once when he was about 18 months old, in a moment of temptation, he pulled the soap spout at a natural foods store and a splat of soap spilled onto the floor. Some old lady started cooing "oopsy" and he looked at her annoyed and said "allright, I go get a mop" and stormed off.

On another subject though, my son is now five and ready to enter kindergarten this fall. We are in a pretty rural area and I am afraid that even if he is tested that there won't be any services for him that don't isolate him. I don't know when to ask for him to get tested - or who to ask. I don't want to appear the neurotic mom and ask before he even starts school. But, who am I kidding, I am a neurotic mom. And I do believe in early testing. I happened to have a great kindergarten teacher when I was young who spotted me and had me tested within months of starting school. My uneducated parents never did know what to do with me. I think they thought it was normal for a child to teach themself to read. I was put into my own math and reading group after being tested, though, and I definately don't think that helped my social skills.