As a fellow NH mom I feel your pain. We used a private tester in Southern Maine when my son was 4 years 9 months old. I can give you her info if you still need someone.

We saw quite a few of the same characteristics that you posted in our son at that age that prompted us to get him tested. I feel that even though he was young we got a lot of great information about our son from testing. He also qualified for DYS (which was just a bonus).

Have you checked out the Manchester Alliance for the Gifted Yahoo group? We have a pretty good support system with monthly meetings at Barnes and Nobles in Manchester. I am also one of the founding board members of the Scholars' Academy- the first school for gifted children in NH.

My son currently attends public school and we have worked with the principal to make accommodations to meet his needs. It's not perfect but I have found that each school in NH must follow age laws until the child is 6 and after that the placement is at the discretion of the school. We have been trying to focus more on student teacher fit than actual grade placement because right now, to me, that's the most important factor.

Last edited by crisc; 06/03/10 06:11 AM.

Crisc