Originally Posted by Lori H.
He is very intuitive and very observant, but also has a good sense of aesthetics, good at knowing what colors look good together. My daughter emails pictures of different outfits when she is trying to decide which would look better on her and she does it because he gives really good advice. My husband and I value his opinion when selecting new furniture and tile and just about everything else. This is one of his gifts that I find a little ironic since he didn't like to color and couldn't or wouldn't color in the lines in Kindergarten.

I love reading about your son. From previous posts I'm aware of the difficulties he has to overcome and am always amazed by his and your upbeat attitude. But I really got a kick out of this last paragraph. What you described is truly a gift. One that I took for granted most of my childhood into my adulthood. It wasn't until an art professor actually talked about it with the topic of people taking advantage of it that a light bulb went off. It just comes so naturally that I never thought twice that most others don't have this ability. I know for me, when I see outfits put together that don't quite work I have this biological reaction to it. My stomach churns. LOL As for coloring in the lines or even coloring ... I don't think it has anything to do with it. Your son is an artistic person ... I know this from your wonderful posts about his acting and singing. He might not choose to be in the visual arena at the moment, but make no mistake about it ... he is a creative being and will gravitate to the art side in some form or fashion.