Originally Posted by Dottie
You can tutor high school kids for the SAT, and if you hit a problem that stumps you, you can give it to your kid and they'll solve it instantaneously (happened last night, whistle ). I can't wait until this kid learns chemistry, so I can have my own free tutor, wink .

Dandy, I moved from spelling things to describing them with unusual words. I had to give that up when DH couldn't catch on before the kids.

LOL, so true...DS5 was helping a HS boy (friend of our family) with his algebra last night. I thought maybe he could start a job as a tutor soon as he has been asking how he could make money to buy the list of things he wants (a hydrodynamic plant, a telescope, and a snap circuits rover are the top ones on his list now).

And the spelling was not possible at 2...so I started using sign language with DS (just spelling words in sign language). But apparently DS had already picked up on sign language from a puzzle and some computer game so he already knew it and DH didn't, LOL. Then we tried spanish (but DS knows about as much as DH) and pig latin. We finally gave up and just said "I'll tell you later"

Some other good things is that although my DS isn't a good sleeper we have found things to keep in his room to occupy him in the morning if he gets up early. One saturday morning DH and I slept in until 8am and when we went into his room DS5 proudly announced he had already read a book, cleaned his room, learned how to play a song on his piano and built something with k'nex. He was having a grand old time, and all before I had even had my first sip of coffee.

And they make us laugh daily. My kids say the funniest things. Yesterday DS5 told us a story that started off this way "On friday, the 152nd day of school, during center time in the morning...." So glad he gave me all the details as to the time and location of this event (which by the way nothing at all important happened in the story). We were in the yard this weekend and we caught a frog and DD2 said that the frog was "the most beautiful thing I have ever seen in my life." She is quite dramatic and funny. They are quite different but they keep life quite interesting and I love who they are.