I am in desperate need of a cheer-up! Both my kids have "problems" that are being attributed to their high intelligence. I want to hear some positive things about giftedness!

LB, 3.5, is having issues socially at school. After always playing by himself he is suddenly Mr. Social Butterfly but doesn't quite know how to fit in with the other kids. He's had some problems with aggression (out of frustration) when the other kids don't do what he wants. His preschool teacher/director totally "gets" him and says that she feels there is a huge gap between his intellectual development and his social development. She also feels that he is "overintellectualizing" things (e.g., focusing on one thing or person to play with and not being able to let go of that thought.)

Then there's the baby, LC, who is now 8.5 months. She has sleep issues that a $600 sleep consultant with a 99% success couldn't solve. Our pediatrician--who seems to "get" the kids too (he's always saying, "You know your kids are really smart, right???")--says that he thinks LC has an "overly active mind" and that's part of the reason why she can't settle down.

Anyway, let's focus on the positive! Tell me some good things I have to look forward to.