Welcome Limonata,

I'm so glad that you found us. You daughter is certianly gifted, and her scores indicate that she is unusually gifted and would 'stick out' amoung most groups of gifted children as well.

To give you an idea of how unusual she is, take a look at the page that lists cut-offs for Davidson Young Scholar's Program:

http://www.davidsongifted.org/young...holars___Qualification_Criteria_384.aspx

(Also take note of which Achievement Tests they accept, so you can find a tester who does tests that will be useful in your YSP application.)

The aim of YSP is to support Talent Development in kids at the '1 in 1000' range of unusualness of IQ - basically too high for the tests to measure. I don't think you have to worry about the spread of FSIQ to GIA, because at your daughter's scores, the tests really do fall apart and stop making much sense. My bottom line is that she is 'gifted enough' that even schools with gifted programs, private or public, may have no clue what to expect from her.

A really good question, if you don't feel to shy to ask, is to ask the tester to see how many gifted children he would expect to test before he sees scores like your daughter's again. There are certianly neighborhoods where testers would get to see rather more scores on the higher edges of gifted, but I doubt that even if you are in one of those locations, that your tester has ever seen scores like your daughter's.

Remember, Psychologists are trained to have a poker face - my son was described as 'certianly bright' by our local tester - but when I called back a few years later, that same tester said: 'I've never seen a test score that high, and I don't expect to see another one like that ever.'

This is important because it gives you a sense of how much salt to use with this particular Professional's advice. The first thing to know about having a Profoundly Gifted child, is that they are rare enough that even people who 'should' have lots of experience, don't.

I'm guessing that your family decided to have DD's IQ tested for some reason. Perhaps you were worried about DD's intensity, or that your parenting was somehow 'to blame' for her differences from other children. Whatever the reason you had the test, it might provide keys to what your concerns are for your daughter, which might point ways of solving those concerns.

It will take time and flexability to build solutions that fit your daughter's needs and work for your family. She is the same child she was before you saw those numbers, and she is still an individual. It is my hope that seeing the numbers acts like a lens to let you see your daughter more clearly than before, and pay attention to small things that might have been ignored or denied before.

Welcome and keep posting. Apply to Davidson's Young Scholar's Program. There are about 1500 other families in similar situations to yours - you are not alone. Each family figures out a slightly different solution because each family has unique and individual children. You will find your way.

Love and More Love,
Grinity

Coaching available, at SchoolSuccessSolutions.com