Hello, I am new here and hope this is the right place to ask these questions. Recently, our DD6.5 took the WISC IV. Her FSIQ was 150 and her GAI was 170. I was told that the GAI was more accurate in assessing her ability, is this true? It seems confusing to have two numbers (with such a large gap) to consider. Also the psychologist's assessment was that DD's anxiety and perfectionism affect her ability to concentrate when she does not know an answer immediately. Furthermore, the psych recommended that if possible DD go to a school for gifted children with a low student teacher ratio. (FWIW the psych said she does not usually recommend this but thought it necessary in our case.)

I guess I am wondering what to do with all this info.? Should we be looking for gifted schools like the psych. said? Should we stick it out at our local public school for a while longer? DD is currently at our local public school, first grade, and is having a good year but the future doesn't look good (budget cuts, lackluster GATE program, very high student-teacher ratio.) I think I am in shock a little, trying to figure out what all this means and what we should do. Any help/advice is greatly appreciated.