Originally Posted by elizabethmom
Hi all,
New question.
We got it. The FSIQ was 145.
The WJ achievement total was 145 or 146, she's calculating. Child is functioning four grade levels ahead in language arts, no wonder why she gives me a hard time about going to school. I am relieved, but exhausted and worried about schooling.

Lovely! Nice to have some anwsers. I think this puts the 'maybe she just looks gifted due to super high processing speed' worry to rest.

I don't have any IQ score myself, but seem to resonate with the 'very high processing speed plus bottle neck working memory.'

I'm wondering what your DD's working memory score is like., and if you see it in 'real life.'

For example, my son and DH can 'see' 3 digit numbers in their head, as if on a blackboard, while my mind's eye gives my giant 'forest' insights in a flash, but doesn't say much about the trees. I believe that this relates to my lack of spelling ability - one of the basic techniques of teaching spelling is to close one's eyes and visualize the word. I do fine with 4 letter words, but basically can't 'see' more than that.

Another way it affects me is that sometimes my best advice posts are totally unconscious. I think about something to write about and tell my story and then I see the connection and 'so impress myself.'

so I'm curious if what your DD's working memory scores are like.

Smiles,
Grinity

Coaching available, at SchoolSuccessSolutions.com