Originally Posted by Chrys
Hopefully the gossiping isn't going on in her new classroom as much?

Actually, things have been really going well in her new classroom. She has a really good group of nice, smart friends who include her in everything as if she is their age. She gets invited to all the birthday parties, even the smaller ones where just a few of the girls get to go. And, according to her teacher who I chat with often, she hasn't seen anyone treat her any differently because of her age. She looks the part and acts the part and if you didn't know she was younger you wouldn't be able to tell.

She did have an incident yesterday in school where one of her friends was whispering about her to another of her friends, and it really perplexed her and saddened her, because they have been good friends with her. I suppose it could be because of the age difference, but, like I said, no one -- including these two girls -- has ever expressed any feelings about her being younger or about her being "smart". Could just be the general cattiness of girls this age, too.

Oh, and none of the parents I know of the kids in her class this year have mentioned anything to me at all about her being younger. Most wouldn't even know, and the couple that do know haven't said anything and treat her as just their daughters' friend.

Last edited by mnmom23; 02/27/10 04:12 PM. Reason: Add stuff

She thought she could, so she did.