Karen,
i have bad news. Soime people lie to each other. Some people go so far as to lie to themselves. Particularly when they feel as though their backs are against the wall. Particularly when they feel like they don't really understand 'what's going on.'

In 2nd grade, the school refered us to a private psychologist to evaluate DS10, because "there is something medically wrong with your son." ((Our Dime))

The local psychologist met him and said, there isn't anything wrong with him, he's just a little immature. If you want to be totally sure, we can run some tests. The WJ and WISC III came back with YSP type scores. The psychologist's assesment?

Kid is bright and maybe boredom is having an effect on his behavior. You should read up on NVLD because there is a big gap between his Verbal and Performance.

Personally, as a Mom, I can not see how anyone can look at those kind of scores in a child that is clearly unhappy, and acting out, and not reccoment a change of educational placement!

So my nomination for most outrageous thing heard is - he MAY be bored in school.

Particularly as it was part of a dismissive side comment, rather than, he may be bored - we should find out using these methods.....

Why do I even remember these things? They only frustrate me!
Trinity

Coaching available, at SchoolSuccessSolutions.com