I have to agree, if you can't find a counselor used to dealing with GT children than don't go that route. My son has been having panic attacks off and on for about six months. When I spoke to the school counselor she said most of the GT kids have those issues. She gave no new suggestions except seeing a therapist (for me) so I could learn how to deal with his issues not to teach my son. Then after reading (many) articles on the internet I went through the GT Teacher and suggested we get a peer group together (this is middle school aged students). Wow did that back fire. The GT Teacher sent my email to the Counselor and she pulled my son out of class to discuss the peer group. The whole idea for the group was to not single out my son as the only one struggling with this issue. My son was smart enough to say everything the counselor wanted to hear and put it back on me as over reacting. Then he came home furious, complaining about me setting him up to speak with a counselor that in his mind has no clue about people like him. I tend to agree with my son on this one. We are in NJ...anyone out there now of a professional specializing in counceling gifted students in the area?