Originally Posted by Breakaway4
Anyone have any thoughts on personality type and the reliability of test results? I know that my son will put in the bare minumum required (or less) if asked to do something he is not interested in like "those stupid boring questions" on the WISC-IV. Or the long boring questions on state tests etc. So unless they redesign the tests to revolve around Zelda Twilight Princess I sincerely doubt that we have accurate test scores ever.
I also really liked the Left Brain discussion as our state tests in the school put a huge emphasis on students "explaining" their work and DS is like I was..."I just know it, I can't (or equally important don't want to bother) to explain it."
What do you all think?

Sorry, I'm responding late. I have no particular wisdom to add here. But this is definitely part of the reason we haven't pursued full testing for DS9. He sounds exactly like this down to the love of Zelda Twilight Princess ( crazy thank goodness he finished the game this week). He tested very high in one screener the school gave him in kindy, has no problem working 3 or more years ahead of grade level homeschooling. But is he going to show this on an achievement test? I'm skeptical.

He's taking the SCAT this next week as an experiment. I have a feeling he'll rush through it and miss questions he could easily answer correctly. I do hope by doing achievement testing on a regular basis he develops the patience to get through it and jump through someone else's "hoops".

My son's personality style describes him to a T too! (ENP - I'm thinking he'll be a ENTP)