Originally Posted by Mom0405
Any suggestions about when to introduce "authority" figures back into his routine (swim lessons, or other type classes? Someone suggested an art class. Thank you in advance!

My suggestion is not so much *when* but *how*.

Whenever you decide the time is right to sign up for a class/lesson/etc ... I would talk to the teacher in advance. I would explain that your ds is a sensitive little guy and ask if it would be possible for you to come visit the teacher and see the room either one day or one week prior to the start of class (my dd always kept track of days of the week on which she had classes, so for her one week ahead worked best). I think this works better than simply showing up early, because you go on that "preview" day with no pressure and no expectations. Another thing that I have heard works well is to have the teacher on that "preview" day ask your child to "come to class early and help me with xyz." (it really doesn't matter the task -- moving mats, filling water bottles, etc. -- but it helps the child feel included and important). This also ensures you are not rushing on the day the class begins, since both you and ds are planning to get there early.

Hope that helps! Please keep us posted on his progress.