Originally Posted by Grinity
In the end, there is plenty of good reason for some highly gifted people to be unsocial - they have never found a group of people that are enjoyable and safe to be around. You may actually be a very social person, but have made a decision quite early that most people are boring and dangerous, and so, gotten in the habit of being closed mouthed. Try hanging out here and seeing if you have an undiscovered side to yourself! Or you might just be happy with your own company and that's good too!

Smiles and Welcome,
Grinity

Thanks for the welcome! I do enjoy people but have always been a bit shy and reserved (though this has lessened over the years). My husband, however, is a self-confirmed misanthrope. He has been making efforts to take our son to the park, etc., however, most social situations depend upon me. My mother is much like me, or rather, my husband and I are much like each of our mothers. My son is wonderfully social with those he is comfortable with. It takes him a while to warm up to people, but when he is comfortable, he will play and joke. He has a great sense of humor and loves jokes, puns, etc. I just wish I hadn't misplaced that Magic Mommy Wand and could wave it and make it all better!