[quote=Wyldkat]If your child was bitten hard enough to bruise some sort of reaction had to happen at the school when it happened (OW! hey don't bite me! something...). If that was not noticed or reported there is a HUGE problem. I am listed under a friend's daycare license and if a child is EVER hurt you have to write it up and inform the parents.

They said that they didn't see it and my son didn't complain. While I don't understand why he didn't, I do believe the teacher - she's called me before about him bumping his head, getting a small scratch. Further, when I asked my son, he said "it didn't hurt," which is hard for me to believe as the bruise is still visible Sunday morning. When I brought it to their attention, they did document it, but I did not feel that they took it as seriously as the viciousness of the bite warranted.

The fact that they are getting on your case about pulling him and not bending over backwards apologizing to cover their butts for missing that astounds me.

The teachers did apologize (one of the regular teachers was at training the day of the bite), but the one who was absent was the one who was going on and on about how detrimental it would be to withdraw my son. She even said, "one bite by a child who doesn't speak English, and you want to yank him out. . . and he's not traumatized; he doesn't even care about the bite." The day of the incident when I went to pick him up, he was acting weird - saying he didn't want to go home, etc. Often he speaks in opposites when he's upset ("I don't want to go to the park! I want to stay home and go to sleep!"). That day when I picked him up, I asked the remaining regular teacher if he had a good day, and she said that everything wss fine. In fact, that morning before the incident, my husband asked her how my son's doing (meaning socially with the other children), and she said,"about the same." Then that afternoon, the other teacher (who had been away for the previous two or three days) was going on and on about how he has improved.

You did exactly the right this by pulling him and if I were in your shoes I would inform the principal of the bite incident and that it wasn't reported.

I spoke with the director along with the teachers. While my husband and I like the teachers (the one saving grace of this pre-k is the teachers), the director has made it plain that she does not care about any of our concerns. When I told the director that I wanted to withdraw my son, she said, "Ok. I'll make a copy of your papers for you." The teachers are the ones who are concerned, I feel that they truly care about my son, even if their opinions differ from mine.