Originally Posted by JenSMP
This is just one area where I'm skeptical unless it's severe. Like our pediatrician said, "of course he has mild sensory processing disorder, that's what's called being a 4, 5, & 6 year old!"

LOL, I agree. There are instances when it is severe definitely...but I work with 4 and 5 year olds all day in a school and we use sensory stuff with kids all the time because they need it. Almost everyone has some sensory issues and can benefit. If the movement is really a big problem them get a basket of those items that are good for active kids in general. Like those little twisty things you can play with....called "tangles" I think. And other things like that. I have a basket of these items in my office. Some kids (and adults) just focus better when moving.

It could be ADHD or maybe not. I am not a fan of labelling unless it is going to help with treatment and services. If he is just moving a lot and still able to focus and concentrate and you are willing to homeschool then I don't see the big issue. If he is not growing out of it as he gets older and it is becoming a problem then that is different and you can pursue it. His description is incredible. I have never heard a child describe something like that. I have had some adults with ADHD describe a similar feeling...but usually included with it is the difficulty focusing and paying attention and having to work really hard at it, and having a million thoughts in there head and being unable to sort it out. that is different than his description.