Thanks everyone. I'd just hate to overlook some strategy or tretment that my son needs. I don't want to be that parent that sticks my head in the sand, however if he's learning, what differences does it make? What good does it do to add the label?

I agree, Dandy, ds's dad and I both would have been diagnosed with ADHD if it were a common diagnosis back then. I couldn't shut up or sit still, and dh was in another world all the time (bored!). Interestingly, dh was not challenged as a child or teen, and by the time he was ready for college he was convinced that that's what other people did. He didn't have any confidence in his abilities. He didn't even know how bright he was. He met my family who encouraged him to go to college where he was truly challenged. He flourished and eventually got his PhD. He was shocked at how much new information he could absorb at one time. He was like a sponge and couln't learn enough. Read it once, know it forever. Hear it once, know it forever. See it once, it's committed to memory. I'm not like that, but I was definitely not challenged, and by the time I got to college, I didn't know how to study and work at learning. I had to figure that out very late in life. I'm so happy my son is getting the opportunity to be challenged while it's still early. Anyway, thanks for the encouragement. I'm going to try not to worry about this for now. As long as ds is leanrning, I'm happy. And he's very happy!